Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Color me Monday--shaped card



Recently I came accross a card shaped like this. I'm sure the original designer used some sort of die cut to create theirs, because it was perfect. I don't have a die cut, or even a shape like this, so I created my own.

Below you will see the template. To make this I used a piece of 3x6 scrap and folded it in half both directions. I then free handed with a pencil the shape on one of the 4 sections. I then cut that section and the folded an traced it to the other sections, and so on. I hope that makes sense?

This is my card for the Color Me Monday combo over at Jeanette Lyntons blog. Be sure to go check it out, because she has a really cute circle card.



Supplies from CTMH-Grey wool CS, White Daisy CS, Key Lime CS, Hollyhock ink, grey wool ink, baby pink ink, hollyhock ribbon, paper flowers, Tender tags stamp set, Comments stamp set, foam squares

Other-pearl jewels


9 comments:

Katy said...

That's gorgeous!!! You're so smart!

Sparkplug17 said...

Very pretty! Perfect card for the color challenge.

Leslie said...

you are so clever (I know I have told you that before, but it is true), beautiful card.

Kathi Carlson said...

Lovely card, Aaron! You always do such a wonderful job with Jeanette's color challenges.

michele said...

Very cute and creative!

michele said...

Very cute and creative!

Winter said...

WOW! This is amazing! I LOVE the shape, I need to try that! :)

Traci Godbee said...

love it!! I think I'll be trying that too!!

Jeanne said...

Oh Aaron! I love this! I especially love that you created the template yourself. But those little flowers are right up there in the appeal factor. Great job on the challenge!